New 2011 Indians Prospect Book is Goodyear Bound!
I can also confirm that the book will once again be in the team shops at Kinston and Lake County. I am currently working out details to have it in Akron again, and it may appear in the Cleveland team shops for the Indians provided it sells well in Goodyear. The only site that appears to be unlikely at the moment is Columbus.
Also, the book will soon be available for sale on-line at Amazon.com and other retail sites rather than having to go directly through me. In addition to that, in the next few days I will be loading a page on the site where you can buy the book on-line directly from my publisher so you will not have to go through me to order it. I understand lots of people prefer to maintain their privacy, so this will allow you to purchase it without my involvement and without me knowing who is buying the book. I'll give a heads up when this option becomes available hopefully in the next few days.
Thanks again to all who have purchased the book so far! I have already received a lot of positive feedback on it this year. Please feel free to continue to provide feedback, good or bad, so I know what works and what I can maybe improve for next year's edition.
The book runs $20.95 (plus shipping/handling) and in addition with the improved "look", is bigger and better than last year's version as far as content goes. It runs 228 pages in length and is in 6x9 format and includes the following:
- Detailed and updated scouting reports for over 175 players in the Cleveland Indians system, with 60 completely new reports on players not in last year's book.
- Reports on the entire 2010 Draft class as well as the Top 15 Latin prospects coming stateside this year.
- Projected opening day rosters from Cleveland to Single-A Lake County.
- 2010 transactions and released payer listing and 2011-2014 Rule 5 Draft outlook.
- Full 2011 minor league spring training schedule and complete 2011 schedules for all affiliates.
- Career stats including college and winter ball, and over 100 player photos.
- 2011 coaching staffs, affiliate information, top prospects by position, 3-year ranking history, and more!
- New individual tools grades: These are listed with the scouting report for each player in the Top 100. This is a new feature only in the book and was added by popular request to show a quick snapshot of each player's abilities.
- Individual player transactions: This is a listing under each scouting report so you can see the movement or disabled list history in the 2010 season for a player in the Top 100.
- "Best Tools": This listing ranks the best in the system in several tools categories.
- Previous ranking: This is a small update added by popular request so people can see where prospects were ranked the previous year.
- Upside and value grades: Grades to show what kind of upside and Major League value each player in the Top 100 has.
- Latin Top 15 prospects: This was increased from 10 to 15 players this year and profiles all the top talent coming stateside this year from last year's Dominican Summer League team or who were recently signed in the past year.
- 2010 Draft scouting reports: Scouting reports for all of the players selected and signed from the 2010 Draft.
- College stats: Complete stats for all college players from the 2010 Draft.
- Remaining options: This is a detailed listing showing the options outlook for players on the 40-man roster and some who are not on the roster (this is available on the site).
- 2010 Transactions: All the transactions from 2010 in a new easy to view comprehensive listing that makes it easy to follow all the moves in order from the start of the season until the end of the playoffs.
- Payroll and player control outlook: A 7-year outlook for the Cleveland Indians 40-man roster with yearly payroll information, service time, arbitration, and free agent eligibility (this is available on the site).
- 2010 playoff and winter league stats: All the stats from the playoffs last year for Columbus, Kinston and Lake County as well as the stats for the players who played in offseason fall/winter leagues (this is available on the site).
Your purchase will make a great contribution to keeping the IPI alive and well and continue the growth of the site. For those interested, copies of the 2009 and 2010 books are also available at a discounted rate.
To order a copy of the 2011 book or any previous edition just click on the image below. Order your copy today and thanks for the support!
Follow Tony and the Indians Prospect Insider on Twitter @TonyIPI. Also, his latest book the 2011 Cleveland Indians Top 100 Prospects & More is available for purchase for $20.95 to customers in the US (shipping and handling extra).